Saturday, August 27, 2011

Suppa (Scorching) Summa Adventures

This summer has been pretty incredible! The highlight was definitely our "Clark W. Grizwald" style trip to Philly and Jamestown. Several months ago Jimmy and I figured that the most efficent way to travel with 3 eleven-year old children and a 4 month old baby was to spend 18 hours driving.....of course. Lexibear was amazing and so were the crazy pre-teens! We left on Saturday night at 11:00 pm and drove all night and the next day, finally arriving in New Jersey at 6:00 pm. The pictures speak fior themseleves...everyone had such a great trip and there are so many memories that James, his cousins, and the VERY cool "Uncle Jimmy" and I will always cherish!! Here's a top ten list of the BEST parts of our trip (in no particular order!!) :-)


Kendra and Morgan Modeling our Cafe Rio Happiness
1. CAFE RIO...ok, well maybe this was the best one for me. I craved Cafe Rio SOOO much when I was pregnant with Lexi and 2 days before we were leaving I discovered that there were 2 locations that opened the the East coast AND that we were heading right towards both of them. I did what any other girl in my position would do...we stopped on our way up the the one in Maryland and stopped at the one in Virgina on our way home. Both were Heavenly! =)

2. PHILLIES baseball!! It was a SCORTCHING 105 degrees that day and the "feel like" tempeture was 112 but well worth the heat! The Philles beat the San Diego Padres (8-5) and of course my Chasey decided he would hit not 1 but 2 homeruns for me. Some of the totals that day: Water and Soda-75.00, Crab Fries-25.00, 35.00 on Cheesesteaks/Hot Dogs/Pizza, Water Ice and Ice Cream-25.00...Philles killin' it= PRICELESS!!

Go Phillies!!!
 3. Shoretime: We ate at Ozzie's, enjoyed Wawa Hoagies, Ocean City Boardwalk, Poker Night, double date night with the Sakaleros' and spent a ton of time at the shore. Lexi got her first mini-suntan (unitentionally of course) on the first day, so fortunuately Grandmom and Aunt Maria stayed at the house, so Momma could enjoy relax at the beach!


Ozzie's before the beach!
 

Lexibear napping on the beach






King Da Ka
4. Six Flags-these pictures speak for themseleves. Jimmy, Uncle Chris, Pop, James, Morgana and Ken-dip (the girls' new nicknames from the trip) headed out to take on the rides. They had a blast AND Jimmy, Uncle Chris and James were brave enough to ride...KING DA KA. The tallest roller coaster in the world, a mere 52 stories high-SO scary but the boys did what they set out to do and I couldn't be more proud!

Izzy and Sophie...lovin' these girls!
 5. Uncle John, Aunt Alex and the twins!! We were able to stop off for 2 days to see John's family. I LOVE and MISS them SO much! It also made me miss my little wormey and her babies. They met Alexandria for the first time and she just LOVED her Aunt/Uncle! Izzy and Sophie are getting so big and are absolutely gorgeous!! xoxoxo




6. Family BBQ (Italian Style): Rita and Jim hosted a massive family gathering while we were in town and it was SO nice to meet the family members I hadn't met yet and spend time with everyone. There never seems to be enough time spent with every up north! :-( We love and miss you guys and hope to make it up to visit again soon xoxoxo

7. Krazy Videos: Ken-dip, Morgana and Jamesybear made some amazing videos at the house. I'm still figuring out how to install these videos-so you'll have to patiently wait. :-)

8. Washington D.C. Temple...what a WONDERFUL suprise it was to turn the corner of I-495 and see this beautiful temple!

9. Jamestown-when visiting the Meadows' we were able to spend time walking around Jamestown. This was Jimmy's favorite part of the trip. Anyone who says that our founding father's were not men of God are either ignorant or ignorant. I am so grateful to live in this country where everything we stand for was established on God's will, freedom, honesty and inspired direction. May God always remain the foundation of who we are as Americans. (OK...off my soap box) LOL...

10. HOME....I love traveling and this was by far the most amazingly fun and rewarding trip I have ever taken but I was SO HAPPY to be home. I love my home. I missed our furbabies (Bellie and Buster), our ward, my bed and all of the babies' gear in it's place where I can find it. LOL

The kids were incredible and James was SO happy to get to show his cousins why he loves New Jersey so much. Morgana, Ken-dip and JamesW (pronounced James "dubb") developed a bond they will ALWAYS share and I just love them all so much. Thank you to our family in New Jersey and Virgina for being so welcoming and hospitable for having our crazy crew and to my wonderful husband who works so incredibly hard so we were able to make this trip happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment